The Armpit has teamed with Wrestling News World to offer a a laugh and interactive weekly wrestling quiz. The newest installment is beneath:
Welcome to The Armpit wrestling quiz for the week of February 13, 2017.
This previous weekend used to be the once a year Elimination Chamber tournament. For longtime lovers, the Elimination Chamber first brings to thoughts equivalent fits of the previous, such because the horrid Chamber of Horrors fit from Halloween Havoc over 25 years in the past. And who can put out of your mind the vintage NWA WarGames battles, and even the Thunderdome and Tower of Doom. As such, the theme of this week’s quiz is “Specialty Cage Matches.”
Congratulations to ultimate week’s winner: Josh Dionio
Last week’s solutions:
1) AJ Styles wrestled for the WWF, WCW, TNA, XWF, and ROH. But he by no means wrestled for any incarnation of ECW.
2) AJ used to be the primary each and every TNA X Division champion.
three) The particular referee for AJ’s fit with CM Punk at ROH At Our Best used to be Rick Steamboat.
four) The well-known ***** fit at TNA Unbreakable in 2005 used to be AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe.
five) In 2014, British wrestler Lionheart sadly broke his neck when he took a Styles Clash incorrectly.
6) AJ gained the IWGP Heavyweight name two times, as soon as from Hiroshi Tanahashi and as soon as from Kazuchika Okada.
7) At the Royal Rumble in 2016, AJ debuted and drew #three.
eight) Chris Jericho and AJ referred to as themselves Y2AJ.
nine) AJ became heel after WrestleMania and aligned himself with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.
10) AJ used to be the WWE name in September via defeating Dean Ambrose.
This week’s questions:
1. WarGames used to be one in every of Dusty Rhodes’s biggest creations. Two rings surrounded via an enormous cage, and one at a time workforce individuals would input the hoop till it used to be five on five. It began in 1987 as a space display excursion, however clearly wasn’t on each and every display as a result of the bodily calls for of the fit. Dubbed “The Match Beyond,” the primary WarGames fits came about on which 1987 excursion?
b) Great American Bash
c) Bunkhouse Stampede
d) Clash of the Champions
2. WarGames endured in 1988, however a special cage fit used to be held at the Great American Bash PPV that yr. It used to be referred to as the Tower of Doom, with 3 ranges, and the construction made the fit very restricting when it comes to what the wrestlers may just do. The purpose used to be to procure the important thing, which used to be held by way of whom?
a) JJ Dillon
b) Missy Hyatt
c) Baby Doll
three. The first WarGames to be hung on PPV used to be at the 1989 Great American Bash, some of the all-time nice presentations in trendy historical past. They skipped 1990, and in 1991 it used to be the primary tournament of WCW WrestleWar (any other probably the most all-time nice PPVs). The 1991 WrestleWar used to be very well-known, each for being a super fit and in addition as a result of one among WCW’s most sensible stars used to be legitimately injured. Who used to be injured in that fit?
a) Brian Pillman
b) Sid Vicious
c) Arn Anderson
d) Rick Steiner
four. My favourite WarGames used to be most certainly the 1992 model, at WrestleWar. It used to be a ***** fit, highlighted by way of a star-studded Dangerous Alliance (Austin, Rude, Eaton, Arn, Zbysko) on one aspect. Sting led the babyface aspect, however the giant query used to be the strain he had with one in every of his teammates, and the way they’d get alongside within the fit. When this individual entered the hoop, he high-fived Sting for one of the crucial largest pops at the display. Who used to be this guy?
a) Rick Steamboat
b) Barry Windham
c) Lex Luger
d) Nikita Koloff
five. After 1992, the WarGames was an annual tournament on PPV. Unfortunately the fits have been in large part forgettable. On which annual PPV have been the later WarGames held?
a) Great American Bash
b) Fall Brawl
6. Halloween Havoc ’89 used to be headlined by way of a uniqueness cage fit referred to as Thunderdome. So many legends in that ring, together with Ric Flair, Sting, Terry Funk, Ole Anderson, Great Muta, and Terry Funk. But the fit used to be held in Philadelphia, and prior to that town become synonymous with Terry Funk in ECW, it used to be the previous stomping grounds of the particular referee on this fit. Aside from Flair, he used to be probably the most mythical individual at the card that night time. Who used to be it?
a) The Crusher
b) Pedro Morales
c) Bruno Sammartino
d) Bob Backlund
7. Two years later, it wasn’t the Thunderdome, however the Chamber of Horrors at Halloween Havoc ’91. The much less stated about this fit, the easier. It’s best notable for what turned into referred to as “wrestling’s most renowned electrocution.” Who were given fried that night time?
a) Abdullah the Butcher
b) Cactus Jack
c) Van Hammer
d) Diamond Studd (Scott Hall)
eight. Thunderdome made one remaining look, however used to be referred to as Thundercage, on the ultimate WCW display underneath Bill Watts. It used to be additionally the general display referred to as via Jim Ross, and the primary WCW singles fit through Chris Benoit (he had already wrestled for them as a tag group). The fit wasn’t very memorable except for for something: the long-awaited babyface flip by way of what cult favourite WCW wrestler?
a) Big Van Vader
b) 2 Cold Scorpio
c) Vinnie Vegas (Kevin Nash)
d) Cactus Jack
nine. The Elimination Chamber is now an annual WWE tournament. It began all of the long ago in 2002, and in storyline, which authority determine created the fit?
a) Vince McMahon
b) Stephanie McMahon
c) Eric Bischoff
d) Shane McMahon
10. Finally, we will be able to’t have a quiz on cage fits with out bringing up Hell in a Cell. Jim Cornette claims he got here up with the theory, whilst his arch nemesis Vince Russo claims he got here up with the identify. While everybody recalls Undertaker vs Mankind as probably the most well-known Hell in a Cell (in 1998), it used to be now not the primary. That’s since the first, at Badd Blood 1997, used to be overshadowed via the unlucky and tragic dying of Brian Pillman ahead of the display. This first Hell in a Cell concerned the Undertaker as smartly; whom did he strive against?
b) Shawn Michaels
c) Steve Austin
d) Bret Hart
There are 3 ways to ship us your solutions to the quiz:
1) Email them to [email protected]
2) Find me on Facebook beneath the identify “Pit WP” and ship your solutions to me there.
three) Find me on Twitter at ArmpitWP and ship me an immediate message together with your solutions.
four) Use the Contact shape at armpit-wrestling.com
We will randomly generate a host to decide the winner. For instance, if the quantity is 25 and also you’re the 25th individual to touch us with right kind solutions, you win. Winners obtain a loose reproduction of our logo new guide, “The Armpit Wrestling Quiz Archives: Volume 1.” It options 128 quizzes we’ve written through the years and clocks in at 420 pages and a whopping 1,079 questions about professional wrestling historical past courting again to the 1980s. We’ll additionally announce your identify right here subsequent week because the winner.
Answers will probably be posted subsequent week. Have a laugh and just right good fortune.